Do you wish to honor Christ’s body? Then do not look down upon him when you notice him naked among the poor; nor should you honor him here, in the temple, with fancy offerings, if when you leave you abandon him to his coldness and nakedness. Because the same One who said, “This is my body,” and with his word made manifest everything that he said, also affirmed: “I was hungry, and you did not feed me,” and later, “whatever you failed to do for one of these little ones, you failed to do for me.”
- Gathering in the Spirit.
- Recalling God’s saving acts in word and sacrament.
- The great commemorative prayer of thanksgiving and intercession.
- Memorial of Jesus’ sacrificial death.
- Communion in Christ’s body and blood.
- A community sent out especially to the poor.
These reflections were precede by sections devoted to
- The Eucharist in the life and writings of St. Vincent
- Some horizon shifts between the 17th and 20th centuries